Sunday, August 29, 2010

Words Are Like Magic

Words can have a strange power. I want to fill my life with wonderful words. I want to fill my mouth, my pen, my fingers, my heart with words that give life. Words that captivate and soothe, words that move and inspire.

I want to string words together like long ropes of pearls and festoon them on and around everything I see.

I want to polish sentences like diamonds, until they sparkle with the fire of the cleanest, purest truth.

I want to weave syllables into rich tapestries, I want to paint with diction, to carve paragraphs out of mountainsides.

I want to whisper to a weeping child that all manner of things shall be well. I want them to believe it.

I want my words to build up, to lift, to encourage and bring forth. I want my words to celebrate, to sympathize, to intrigue and delight.

I want to fill my life with words. Wonderful, magical, life-giving words. And then I want to share them with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment