Monday, August 2, 2010

Not Such A Bad Day

I'm in Ft. Worth today, blogging on my iPhone. I arrived at 8:30ish this morning for a seminar on "Managing Multiple Projects, Processes and Deadlines" and don't think the irony is lost on me- that my day here is actually keeping me away from all those projects and deadlines I'm supposed to be managing. Needless to say, I did not arrive with the highest of expectations.

And yet- it hasn't really been all that bad. Most of the workshop so far has been reinforcement. Things I already know and practice, but it's good to be reminded. A few things have been new and helpful. And I really love downtown Ft. Worth.

I just finished lunch at the Cowtown Diner a block away from the conference center. 



I sat at the deli counter right in front of the pick-up window where all the action is. I watched Karen, the manager, be absolutely fantastic with everyone from cooks to servers to customers. 


And I had a delicious Angus cheeseburger and sweet potatoe fries.  No before picture this time....but really the proof of goodness is all about the after picture.  All gone!

It's been kind of nice, being out of my element for a few hours. Walking down a new street in the blazing August (can it really be August?) sunshine. On tonight's agenda: spend time with good friends I haven't seen in too long.

Also, it's my Daddy's birthday today, and I keep thinking of him and the example he's set for me. Work hard. Love the Lord and put him first. Be kind to everyone, always. Keep reaching just a little further than you think you can. Want more. But be content with what you have. Balance strength with humility, calm, and as much patience as you can muster. Quite an amazing man, my Daddy.

And not such a bad day at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment