Sunday, August 8, 2010

Prayer of Gratitude

Lord, may my soul bless you. With my entire being, from the deepest part of me, and all that is within me, may I bless your holy name. I am grateful.

We will bless you, Lord, and we will not forget all that you have given for us. You forgive all our sin, and you heal our wounded places. You redeem us from darkness and cover us with steadfast love and mercy. You satisfy us with good things, and renew us again and again. For your provision and love, we are grateful.

Lord, you work righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. You have made yourself known to us. You are merciful and gracious, slow to become angry and abounding in love. You love us so much. As much as the distance between the heavens above and the earth below, so great is your love for those who fear you. You remove our sin. As far away as the east is from the west, that is how far you have removed our sin. For your forgiveness and love, we are grateful.

You love us like a Father, showing compassion, and tenderness, because you know that we are fragile and fleeting. We are like dust. Our time is very short, like a flower that blooms one day and then is forgotten forever. But your steadfast love is from everlasting to everlasting. It goes on forever and ever. Your righteousness is on our children, and on their children, as we keep your covenant and remember to do what you have commanded us. Your throne is established in the heavens, your kingdom rules over all. For your mercy and love, we are grateful.

All your angels bless you, Lord, the mighty ones who do your word, obeying the voice of your word! All your hosts bless you, Lord, your ministers who do your will! All your works bless you, Lord, in all places of your rule! May my soul bless you, Lord. My entire being, from the deepest part of me, and all that is within me, I bless your holy name. And I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment