Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm an INFP

I'm completely fascinated with Myers Briggs personality typing.  I'm an INFP:  Quiet, reflective, idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.

Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people. 




























In case you couldn't tell.... 

5 comments:

  1. Those posters are hilarious.

    I love being an INFP. However, it's good to remember that INFP isn't so much a personality type as it is a behavior preference. It's like being left-handed or right-handed. Even though someone may be right-handed, it doesn't mean they don't use their left-hand all day also.

    INFP is what we prefer to do more than how we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How crazy. I have never thought about "personality type" vs. "behavioral preference." Although, if it is a preference, why would I choose it when it clashed so much with my family and society? It was awfully uncomfortable growing up. I kind of figured I wouldn't have done it to myself if I had a choice. I guess its a nature/nurture thing.

      But that said, I do love being and INFP as well, with the perspective of adulthood. I'm never, ever, ever, ever, ever bored. Although, the last picture in this blog is the story of my life.

      Delete
  2. Love these! I too am a Myers-Briggs junkie (and an INFP). There's nothing else in the world quite like being this type! Whenever I stumble across another one, I feel like I've found a long-lost sibling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uff, I can't tell how much this test helped me...
    Yes, I'm an INPF too, and sometimes is hell
    Althoug, I really like it
    World is thought, but I'm more
    Ok, now I feel guilty for being arrogant (INPF thing xD)

    Heidi, I think that what Corin says is that is a natural preference of some people. Behaving in an INPF mood rechages us, wheter doing other this make us feel drained and strange.
    I can be quite practical and extroverted if I want, yet I feel really ankward doing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this blog. INFP too. And relate to all the pics. trying to find a new career and move to a new house... cant commit to a new place yet and cant seem to settle on one direction for work. EEEEEK.

    ReplyDelete