Monday, July 11, 2011

We Heart Waco Farewell Tour - Spice

Stop one on the farewell tour was Spice. I ran by on my lunch break today to pick up a few bottles of their "signature" scented oil. It's a delicious blend of vanilla, almond, and spices that smells warm and homey.


I always wished there was a way to bottle up the smell of that store, and those geniuses finally did. The smell reminds me of linens and cedar closets and something gooey baking in the oven and childhood and elegance and rain and leather, all at the same time, without actually smelling like any of those things. It's pretty amazing.


Spice is a collection of shops nested in the top of an old warehouse. It's an eclectic blend of old and new and includes everything from clothing and jewelry to furniture and photography.


I never fail to walk away inspired with a few new ideas. I also never manage to walk away with as much money in my wallet as I when I started, which can be a little dangerous. Maybe it's a good thing we're going to be so far away. 


Still, I will miss it. The perfect place to pop by and pick up a gift for a friend's wedding or a perfectly "worn" vintage-style Baylor tee-shirt or a few pointers on how to utilize that old kitchen cabinet mom's had in storage for years. 

1 comment:

  1. Lot's of great lazy afternoons spent wondering at Spice. Glad you took a little time to do it again.

    ReplyDelete