Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Birdies and Owls and TWINS, Oh My!

On Saturday morning several friends and I hosted a baby shower for Erin Hughes and her soon-to-arrive TWIN baby girls Kristen Marie and Adelyn Grace.  It was SO MUCH fun!  Sara, a fellow-hostess, is super creative and came up with some brilliant ideas to incorporate Erin's nursery theme into the decor of the party.  Once that got the ball rolling everyone else just ran with it!  All the food was delicious, Mommy and Babies received lots of love and encouragement and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.  Pictures posted below because they are just really too cute not to be shared.

Sara themed the invitations to match Erin's nursery bedding.

View of the entire table.  Menu included mini frittatas, green apple-turkey sandwiches with cream cheese on cinnamon raisin bread, savory sausage balls, sugar cookies that were practically works of art, bird-shaped biscuits with honey-butter and jam, and fruit parfaits.  

Close up of the sandwiches and frittatas.


Close up of the cookies.


Sara hand-crafted this birdy mobile which made the perfect center piece for our table, plus an extra special gift for the Mommy-to-be.


And I made this garland of patchwork owls.  I spent a week pricking my fingers with needles cursing myself, wondering why I had once again attempted to do crafts?


But I guess it all turned out alright in the end.

*Photos are courtesy of Sara who blogs over at Daffodil.  Because, as per usual, I forgot my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment