Tuesday, February 2, 2010

10 Reasons Why I Heart February

February has always been my favorite month of the year and now it feels like there are even more reasons to celebrate.  So without further ado, here are 10 Reasons why I Heart February.


  1. Lost Returns-  I cannot think of a better way to kick off the best month of the year, than the return of my favorite show, Lost, for it's sixth and final season.  Tonight marks the beginning of the end, my friends.  There will be tears, there will be drama, there will be nicknames, there will be pointless love triangles, there will still be more questions than answers- but I truly believe that at the end of it all we will get a fitting resolution to one of the best dramas on television.  Let the amazingness begin!
  2. 28 Days- I don't know why, but I've always thought it's kind of cool that February is the only month with its own number of days.  Not 30.  Not 31.  It doesn't fit the rhyme.  February is a rebel.
  3. Birthday Month- February 8th, ya'll, it is almost here!  Yes, I overindulge myself by celebrating my own birthday for not just a day or a week, but an entire month.  But I promise, it's not as narcissistic as you think.  It's not so much about celebrating ME (although, let's face it, I do merit celebration), as it is about celebrating how incredibly grateful I feel to have experienced one more year of this fan-freakin'-tastic thing called life and how incredibly blessed I am by the amazing folks who share it with me.  Plus, birthday month leads directly to reasons 4 and 5.
  4. Birthday Cake- Shouldn't need an explanation for this one.  This year, I've requested strawberry cake.  Yummmm.
  5. Birthday Party- Again, it's not about celebrating ME, it's about celebrating WITH all of those WONDERFUL people who make me want to keep getting out of bed every morning.  So thanks for that, world.
  6. Super Bowl- Yeah, this is a whole lot more exciting for Keith than it is for me.  But when he's happy, I'm happy.  And it's another great excuse to get together with good food and good friends and be excited about something.  Personally, I'm crossing my fingers that the Saints will pull it off. 
  7. Great Light- There's a certain slant of light this time of year.  I don't know what it is or how to explain it, but the world just looks prettier and more hopeful.
  8. Valentine's Day- I'm not at all a big fan of schmaltz, so the lovey-doviness of Valentine's Day can sometimes kind of get to me.  And I think that most women make far too big a deal about it (says the girl who celebrates birthday month, I know, I know).  But it's also an entire holiday devoted to flowers and chocolate and hearts and the color red.  Now that's something I can get behind.
  9. Anniversary Month- It is quite amazing to think that at this time just one year ago, Keith and I were crazy stressed, running around like insane people trying to get all the last minute details in place for our wedding.  It was the most perfect of perfect days, and on February 28th, we get to celebrate one full, beautiful year of being hitched.  
  10. Anniversary Celebrating- We're going to spend a night at the Cotton Palace Bed & Breakfast (where we stayed the night of our wedding), each a fabulously decadent dinner at the Green Room Grille (Waco doesn't have a lot of fancy foodie places, but this place does everything right) and get a couple's massage (we got one on our honeymoon and have been addicted ever since).  Perfect way to end a perfect month?  Yup.  It sure is.
Why do you heart February?

No comments:

Post a Comment