Monday, October 18, 2010

Pure Words

"The words of the LORD are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times."
-Psalm 12:6

I love words. But I sometime have a problem with mine. Sometimes the facility that I have with language- and a certain quick wit and the occasional bad mood and, let's face it, a penchant for snark -can all conspire together to result in incredibly sharp, unkind words that I instantly regret and brood over long after their echoes have diminished. 

I so want the words from my mouth to be kind, to be encouraging, to be true, to be pure. I want pure words, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times, to spill from my lips. I want the Lord's words to be the only sounds I utter. 

I fail in this endeavor daily, but I pray that I will continue to grow and that my words and even my thoughts will continue to be refined.

No comments:

Post a Comment