Friday, September 3, 2010

The New "It"...Veggie?



I usually hate it when something I've always loved suddenly becomes ubiquitous. And it seems like that is happening currently with one of my favorite vegetables, the sweet potato. Formerly relegated to a prime spot at holiday meals, sweet potatoes are cropping up everywhere lately. Sweet potato fries seem to be on the menu at every restaurant I go to. Plus I see lots of new and creative sweet potato dishes getting attention- sweet potato casseroles, sweet potato salads, sweet potato soups and pies.

Are sweet potatoes having a moment? Do vegetables really get to be trendy? If so, I guess I'll celebrate. Because sweet potatoes do seem to have kind of been missing the love before now. And if there's one vegetable I can't get enough of it's the nutritious, delicious sweet potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment