Monday, March 12, 2012

There's Always a Bright Side

I know everyone's on about Daylight Saving Time today. I know Spring Forward isn't the most popular day of the year. I know you're all pinning things and blogging things and tweeting things, hilarious things, about the giant cups of coffee required to make it through your day and the need for more winter hibernation and how stupid and painful everything is today.

But....

But!

It's nearly seven o' clock in the evening. I've been off work for nearly an hour. And I've been able to enjoy some actual sun on my face. I've taken a walk and puttered in the yard and enjoyed the remnants of an absolutely delicious day. A day that's been spent mostly inside, because that's life when you have a full day's work to complete. For the last four months, I've ended my workday in the dark. And tonight the sun is still shining. I love it. I've never been so excited about Springing Forward. And I never expected to be. 

I sympathize, I really do. No one's ever accused me of jumping out of bed too early (except my brother every Christmas morning). I'll grant it can bring a little havoc to our otherwise well-grooved routines. So I don't blame you for hating. I've just been reminded that there's always a bright side. And sometimes it is truly gloruious. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could just stay on Spring forward so we could get a tiny bit of day light after a long days work. Jackson was a little confused as to why he was seemingly going to bed and woken up early. But I agree the benefits out weigh the bad. Jackson has been enjoying a neighborhood stroll after I finish work!

    ReplyDelete