Thursday, January 26, 2012

My 9 Second Elevator Pitch

Post Number Three as I continue my new obsession with Fascination. Need to catch up on One and Two?

I am the Intrigue:

According to research, the average person in our time has an attention span of 9 seconds. Which means we can basically pay attention to something about as long as a goldfish can. So we have 9 seconds to make an impact on a potential employer or customer.

I build connected relationships...

It sounds incredibly difficult to boil down an entire person or an entire brand into 9 seconds, but sometimes that's all we've got. And Sally Hogshead shared a tool at her session last week that helps get it done.

through my multi-layered communication...

I don't want to reveal too much about the details of the tool, because I don't know that it's available for wide release yet. I got a little advance access to it thanks to my attendance at the conference last week.

selective insight...

I will say that it's incredibly fast, simple, and fool proof. It's based on using your Primary and Alternate Personality Archetype (revealed by your F-Score Test, get on it now, people!) to define your strongest skills and your unique approach to them.

and paradoxical problem solving.

And here is the result of my labor. My 9-Second Elevator Pitch.
I am the Intrigue: I build connected relationships through my multi-layered communication, selective insight, & paradoxical problem solving. Whether it's employer to employee, customer to brand, or father to son, connection is key.
Tomorrow I'll experiment with applying the Seven Triggers of Fascination at a brand level to define brand personality archetypes for a 9-Second Brand Elevator Pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment