Thursday, November 3, 2011

Doing It Anyway

It's really too cold to have the windows open today. But they're open anyway.

We were really too tired and ragged to get up early this morning and start chili bubbling in the crock pot. But we did it anyway.

I'm way too busy this week to have people over to share our meal and conversation tonight. But I invited them anway.

I do these things. I do them anyway.

Because I love the cool wind on my face, the smell of autumn, the rustling leaves.

I love how cooking something in the kitchen just warms up the whole house. I love how normal, and real, and grounded it makes me feel to slice and stir and sip a tiny-teensy taste from time to time.

I love laughter bouncing off the walls in our living room. I love welcoming others into our home. I love sharing our food and stories and our lives with friends both old and new.

I do these things because I simply must. Because I need to. Because the things I am too cold, or too tired, or too busy, or too whatever to do...these are the things that make a life rich. These are the things that make my life whole.

I really shouldn't be blogging right now. But I'm doing it anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I need to do a million things anyway. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You started my day out with a smile. I have lots to smile about these days. ;-)))))
    Love you..... Linda

    ReplyDelete