Thursday, September 1, 2011

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Gloating

Want to hear a few good things?

It's a cool 65 degree morning here in Murfreesboro, NC.
       Tonight is the first football game of the season.

So I will don my Chowan Hawks blue,
       some boots,
              and a light sweater
                     (I'm also contemplating a cowboy hat)
And Keith and I will join the festivities.
       Incidentally, the festivities include free food.

After the game, I will bake up a delicious batch of German Chocolate cupcakes.
       Because Keith's birthday was on Tuesday.
              And we're still celebrating.
                     Much to his chagrin.
       I'm sticking with cupcakes because, when it comes to baking, I have priors.
              And smaller things seem easier to manage.

After the cupcakes are baked up and iced we will take them out onto the back patio.
       And engage in some more 65 degree basking.
              Sweater recommended.

Then we will climb into a fluffy, comfy bed.
       And sleep well.
              After watching one or two more episodes of Doctor Who.

2 comments:

  1. Y'all got me hooked on Dr. Who. I'm still in the first season, but it's thoroughly enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot, we missed Keith's birthday! Sounds like it was a good one! Please tell him happy be-lated birthday. Today the high is only 90 degrees. :)

    ReplyDelete