I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. By bed time last night we had managed to get most of the cabinet drawers and doors back in place, and even put some of our decorative stuff back together. It's been quite a bumpy ride. But I think it's going to pay off.
No photo to give reference to the "before" wall color. Suffice it to say it was a very blah and grimy off-white. This is after we painted the walls, just before we started on the trim and cabinets.
At the height of the insanity. Can you imagine if we didn't normally have doors on our cabinets? I think I'd go mad having to look at all that jumble and clutter.
The color is called Vanilla Brandy. It's really pretty, I don't know that these iPhone photos do it justice. It has just enough yellow in it to keep it warm and creamy (and not mushroom), and it kind of "glows up" the room.
We stubbornly insisted on trying to fix meals at home on Saturday, despite the disarray. Which explains the microwave on the floor. By last night things were looking better.
The kitties surveying some newly painted and reattached cabinet doors. They've been cooped up in the guest room since Friday, so they're very glad to reclaim the full run of their domain.
Putting the pieces back together. Everything looks cleaner and newer now, even my great-grandmother's kitchen cabinet.
Both microwave and coffeemaker back to full functionality. Pretty essential to have a workable coffeemaker in my world. We are getting so close. Will post pictures of the finished product as soon as the product is, well, finished.
*Erin, this is dedicated to you, my dear, since I know my last post was painful to you!