Tuesday, January 15, 2013

40 Weeks, 3 Days

My due date came and went quite uneventfully on Saturday. Now it's Tuesday and we're still waiting. Our girl's not showing any signs of wanting to leave her comfy-cozy home just yet, so it looks like we're going to make it to our scheduled induction on Thursday morning. We'll report to the hospital at 5:00 am. My favorite time of day!


The weather turned cold and gray overnight. There's been a steady drizzle all morning and I've had the fire burning away the chill in our living room. Keith went back to work yesterday and the house felt especially quiet and empty. I felt quite anxious and impatient leading up to Saturday and through the weekend, but now it seems that something inside me has settled into the waiting and the lack of control and I'm feeling pretty relaxed and peaceful. One way or another she will be here soon.

1 comment: