Friday, January 15, 2010

Cleansing the Palate


So after yesterday's somewhat macabre post, I feel like I needed to get something else up here right away, just to kind of get the menace and eeriness of my last post out of front and center.  So indulge me in being a total nerd fangirl some more because we got a little late Christmas present in the mail yesterday and it is the best ever...

Cue drumroll...

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series on Blu-ray

It's so cool!  It's got great packaging (I'm a sucker for good packaging) and it comes with a Cylon Centurion model and everything.  (What, you don't speak geek?  A Cylon is a Cybernetic Lifeform Node, they used to be robots, but now they look like humans and are basically badass, and a Centurion is one of the new-old metal models that have scanning red eyes and looooong, creepy, thin metal fingers, also badass.)

So of course, after cooking dinner, we sat down to watch a favorite episode.  The one where **spoiler** the Galactica, under command of Admiral Adama, jumps directly into the atmosphere of New Caprica, launching Vipers and Raptors and blowing stuff up and basically saving humanity from the clutches of the Cylons once again, effectively rescuing everyone and bringing the family back together again so they can continue on their journey to find Earth and a new home.  It was awesome.

And then, later in the evening as I'm curled on my side of the couch with my book in my hand and a twenty pound cat crushing my chest (no really the beast weighs twenty pounds, I swear.  Have I not mentioned that before?), I suddenly look up to see a miniature Cylon Centurion peeking over the top of my book with its long-creepy-thin metal fingers menacingly outstretched.

Because my husband is just as much a total nerd fanboy.  And also badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment