Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beef It Up

On Saturday night we attended "Beef It Up" with some of our new friends. It was a fundraiser the Chamber of Commerce held just outside town at the Red Barn Market (which hosts a farmer's market every weekend). Tons of smoky tender barbecued beef, delicious sides, a beer truck, lots of fun and friends and laughter. A DJ and lots of "shagging" music. I'm learning things, like shagging in North Carolina means a particular kind of beach dance made popular in the 60's, not what you think. And yes, I did dance the Electric Slide, how could I help it?

I'm doing my best Vanna White-ing here people!

There were also "bling rings" (large, light up, gummy plastic rings) and lots of door prizes. And at the very end of the night, Keith and I walked away with this pretty baby. It's a mini-fridge made up like a Napa Autoparts toolbox. I could not make this stuff up if I tried. It's sitting in Keith's office at Chowan right now, keeping all of his Diet Mountain Dew icy cold. I seriously, seriously love this town!

No comments:

Post a Comment