Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Peek Inside My Pocketbook

Inspired by Design*Sponge
“There is something beautiful in the everyday life we decide to create for ourselves and the tools we carry tell a story about who we are.”




  1. Blessed iPad- Something I never would have purchased for myself, but now that I have one I cannot live without it!  It's my journal, Bible, notebook, and complete portable library as well as putting mobile internet right at my fingertips. Plus, isn't the red leather cover pretty?
  2. Mint Mojito Orbit gum - My favorite flavor and I can never find it anymore. I snagged two at the gas station last night. For all I know they could be the last two on earth
  3. Snazzy wallet from Target- with absolutely no cash inside! But I do have a library card and a Baylor faculty spouse card. So I'm cool
  4. Travel sized Kleenex- slightly worse for wear
  5. My passport- not nearly enough stamps in it yet, but I always keep it handy, just in case
  6. Cute vintagey pocket mirror- with customary sassy saying on the front (Beauty: It's not just a job, it's an adventure)
  7. Flash drive- I'm trying to make the move to complete online file storage with DropBox, but old habits die hard and sometimes I just need tangible proof that all my files are backed up
  8. The Illumined Heart by Frederica Matthewes Green- there used to be two or three books in my purse at any give time before my iPad came along, now just this one for use at Small Group tonight)
  9. Hair ties and clips- essential now that mine is getting so long
  10. Cosmetics- cheek and lip stain, both freebies
  11. More cosmetics- three mini sparkly Lip Venoms (for extra plumping, like I need it), pint-sized mascara (the one makeup item I couldn't live without) and an unopened black eye pencil (Sonia Kashuk for Target, the best!)
  12. Writing tools- I never go anywhere without tons of them because you never know when inspiration is going to strike. Although, this is another habit that may fall by the wayside as lately when inspiration strikes I just pull out my iPad and go to town.  For now: 10 pens, 3 highlighters, and 1 Sharpie (Grandmom would be so proud)
  13. Randoms- Underneath all the pens you can barely make out one lonely (or is it lucky!?!) penny and a couple of paper clips, also a Chick-Fil-A mint crumpled under the gum packs
  14. iPhone- I never would have believed I could be so attached to my two pieces of Apple technology. Just goes to show you they are doing something right. Also with a pretty red case because (what can I say?) red's my color!

No comments:

Post a Comment